Test Page

Saturday, September 9, 2017

On the Road Again Sept. 8

Got away today at 8:40am and headed on Hwy 50 and traveled up the Monarch Pass that was not only recommended by three old bikers from the area but at State Tropped we meet at a Road block for Hwy repair.  This was a great ride up and down the pass.  We then turned south on Hwy 114 which was another great twisty ride through narrow canyons.  At the end of Hwy 114 we stopped for peach pie and ice cream at a local coffe shop in Saguache.  Good pie.  Traveled about 120 miles to Saguache when it is only 36 miles from Saida.  Oh well.  We then traveled south on Hwy 285, west on 112 then Hwy 60 to Durango.  Arrived in Durango around 3:30 for a distance of around 300 km.  Not a long day but I wanted to stop at the Durango Harley Davidson because I had checked my front tire and I was down to the wear bars.  I really didn't want to try my Road side assistance again.   Got to the dealership at 3:30 and was out with a new tire and an oil change by 5pm.  Spent the night in Durango.

No comments:

Post a Comment